As I mentioned in the dedications section of the book, I dedicate this title to Jonathon Fitch. Jonathon was one of the original authors who started this project with me back in 2011. Jonathon sadly lost his battle with cancer in April 2013.
I have decided that all royalties that is received by me as a result of this project will be donated to El-Shammah Home for Abandoned Babies and Place of Safety, a non-profit organisation in Primrose, Germiston, South Africa.
|Country / Region||Edition||Link|
|United States / International||Paperback|
|United States / International||Kindle|
|United Kingdom / Europe||Paperback|
|United Kingdom / Europe||Kindle|
From the back cover:
ENHANCE VMWARE PERFORMANCE TO KEEP DATA CENTERS RUNNING SMOOTHLY
VMware vSphere is the most widely used virtualization technology in the world and offers robust mechanisms for performance tuning. This Sybex guide provides a comprehensive overview of the interaction of the vSphere platform with computing, storage, and networking functions and provides guidance that helps you get the best possible performance for mission-critical virtualized environments.
- Read about performance design considerations for virtualized platforms
- Apply best-practice troubleshooting methods for VMware vSphere
- Build a comprehensive virtualization toolbox to increase performance
- Create a test lab for performance modifications and experimentation
- Benchmark and monitor performance in production environments
- Understand the interaction of vSphere with CPU, memory, storage, and network
- Virtualize performance-intensive applications and workloads