PHD Virtual Technologies recently released PHD Virtual Backup v6.0 at VMworld.
This latest version builds on unique, patented virtual appliance architecture to deliver a powerful, feature-filled, easy to use backup solution for virtual servers at a fraction of the cost of competitive alternatives. Designed from the ground up as an exclusively virtual solution for the virtual environment, additional functionality in PHD Virtual Backup v6.0 includes:
- PHD Instant Recovery for VMware: Eliminate downtime and meet SLA’s
Make any application available as quickly as possible in the event of a failure. PHD Instant Recovery gets you back up and running in less than 3 minutes.
- Full/Incremental Backup Mode: Optimized for Moving Data Offsite & to the Cloud
Extending the flexibility of PHD Virtual Backup, full/incremental mode is ideal for organizations leveraging third party tools to copy backup files to the Cloud, or Tape, or those utilizing a hardware deduplication appliance or CIFS as a backup target.
- Application Aware Backups: Ensure Application Consistent Backup
Take an application aware backup for any application every time. Maintain full confidence that backups of your mission critical applications will complete without fail.
- Enhanced File Recovery: Dramatically Simplified File Recovery
Consume fewer resources and take advantage of unprecedented flexibility with enhanced file recovery.
- Email Report Enhancements: Manage Your Daily Backups with Ease
“Set it and Forget it” backup management with daily, easy to read, HTML emails detailing backup jobs.
- Encryption and Security Improvements: Meet your Organization’s Compliance Policies with Ease
Enhance security with built-in encryption and meet compliance requirements with customizable security certificates.
- Virtual Backup Appliance (VBA) Tools: Efficient Backup Infrastructure Management
Simplify and streamline backup infrastructure management even further with new VBA Tools like Health Monitor.
How does PHD Virtual Backup v6.0 deliver value compared to other backup products? The main points are listed below although there are more!
- PHD Virtual installs and configures in 10 minutes or less sporting one of the easiest installations for a ranking backup product.
- It also has menus that are integrated into your existing hypervisor client and an intuitive, wizard-driven interface. This means you don’t need to read the documentation. It’s just that easy!
- One of the best features of PHD Virtual is their unique architecture! You can easily deploy a new Virtual Backup Appliance (VBA) to handle additional workload and set up a new backup job takes only minutes.
- PHD Virtual Backup performs much faster on incremental backups than most other vendors maximizing speed by leveraging the best technologies available, including hot-add from VMware, change block tracking, and deduplication.
- Instant VM Recovery is a great new feature of 6.0 allowing you to get back up and running in less than 3 minutes while File Recovery options provide access to your backed up files, folders, and application objects within seconds.
- Virtual Backup Appliance also mean there are no management servers, proxy servers, or data servers (usually required by many other solutions)
PHD Virtual costs up to 40% less than its competitors while delivering product value to rival any other vendor!
For more information on PHD Virtual Backup 6.0 please go to http://PHDVirtual.com