If you have seen my Chinwag with Mike Laverick, you would know that we spoke about the complexity that comes with Cisco UCS and HP Matrix. Well, I have just registered for the HP Virtual Connect Webinar Series that starts today. As we’re already got a lot of Virtual Connect customers and are likely to have plenty more in the coming months, I thought that it would be wise to familiarise myself more with the technology.
Learn about HP Virtual Connect technology directly from the HP's experts, as they take a deep dive into the technology and innovations. See first-hand how Virtual Connect technology can simplify and converge your server edge connections, integrate into any standards based networking infrastructure and reduce complexity, while cutting your costs.
The webinars in this series will be:
- March 30, 2010
Virtual Connect Flex-10 Management of Connections and Bandwidth
- HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 technology is a foundation for the virtualization capabilities offered by HP. These capabilities enable HP to provide a Converged Infrastructure without compromises. In this session, we will discuss how VC enables Insight Dynamics for ProLiant and HP/IO, how to manage the connections and bandwidth to quickly respond to change in workload. We will also discuss the economics of HP Virtual Connect Flex-10.
- April 15, 2010
Server Edge Virtualization
- The evolution of the data center architecture has seen shifts towards consolidation and virtualization. HP's Converged Infrastructure vision includes a view that all infrastructure resources should be virtualized. Server edge virtualization is a key technology that can help customers simplify the way servers connect to external networks.
- May 18, 2010
Squashing the Myths
- Virtual Connect is loved by customers and feared by competitors. So, let's talk about the best way to answer objections inspired by competitors.
- June 8, 2010
HP Virtual Connect for FlexFabric
- In this session, you will learn how to build a Converged Infrastructure with Virtual Connect to simplify your connection environment and reduce equipment, power, cooling and management costs. Find out how Virtual Connect for HP FlexFabric uniquely converges the BladeSystem server edge using Flex-10 technology with industry standard Ethernet and Fibre Channel, without compromising your existing infrastructure and operations.
- June 22, 2010
Converging fabrics and reducing costs at the server edge
- From its introduction, HP BladeSystem has delivered unprecedented innovation in the areas of data center infrastructure simplification and reduced TCO. In this session, you will hear how HP FlexFabric and Flex-10 technology enhancements will allow you to dramatically reduce the complexity, power and cost of connecting server blade enclosures to data center networks.
- July 13, 2010
Managing data center connections and workloads with Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager (VCEM)
- This month's webinar will examine how Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager (VCEM) helps to streamline IT operations and improve response times by centrally managing network connections, server workloads and Virtual Connect configurations for up to thousands of servers across the datacenter. The session will include live demonstrations of core VCEM functionality.
- August 10, 2010
VC in small to mid-sized environments: Remote Branch, Remote office how to's
- Virtual Connect isn't just for big data centers! It solves lots of problems for shops where the lone guy wears three hats. Or, the channel partner providing IT support for small customers. We'll show how it fits wherever you need servers connected.
- September 14, 2010
Server I/O virtualization in your environment
- With millions of ports shipped, HP Virtual Connect has demonstrated unique value in simplifying the way servers are connected to networks. In this session, you will hear about the latest innovations to server I/O virtualization and how they can improve operations of server, network and storage teams with blade and rack-mount server infrastructure environments across your data center.
- September 28, 2010
Implementing Virtual Connect in your environment
- Virtual Connect is the simplest way to connect servers to networks. Come learn how to deploy a converged Virtual Connect infrastructure with minimal disruption to existing data and storage networks. You will hear how to transition to a converged server edge so that you can dramatically improve the way you connect and manage servers across your data center.
If you are interested, you may go and register for the series at www.hp.com/go/VirtualConnectWebinars. Registration is free.